iPad Mini Hands On


After checking out tech-stores in malls, I encountered a device that I have wanted to hold, touch and play games with. I really want to check if the device is worth it and if it will last me a few years. The iPad Mini is very comfortable and so thin and so light. The characteristics of this device are spectacular.
The appearance of this device is great, the device doesn't feel cheap and it is just so comfortable on the hands, which I already said before. When I got stuck in the software, there is this one thing that annoys me a lot and kind makes me feel sad and that is the screen. Seeing a low resolution screen on an Apple device makes me feel very depressed because Apple is like one of the companies that makes high quality products, from very high quality materials made by high quality machines and this device is made in 2012. The year where all the high tech devices being release and the iPad Mini is just not one of them. I do have the iPad 2 and it has the same resolution as the iPad Mini and I do like the screen on the iPad 2 but the resolution on the iPad Mini doesn't feel right. It definitely deserves a Retina Display and I can even imagine it will make everything perfect. I said that I wouldn't mind about the low resolution on the iPad Mini (in my previous overview on this device) but I feel like that it should have a high resolution or at least the Retina Display. Moving on to the performance, it's fast and it also feels very smooth. I love the iOS 6 and the iPad Mini combined with it is just perfect. I played a few games, Jetpack Joyride and Paper Monsters. The gameplay was smooth and fast. The loading was a little bit slow but I didn't really mind it. I tried firing up multiple applications and the speed was great. I also tried the camera and it was better than the iPad 2. The quality of the photos was average and I kind of like it. In conclusion, this device is awesome but I am just a little bit worried about the screen. I have heard rumours about the iPad Mini with Retina Display that will be release next year (2013). If I buy an iPad Mini, it will probably replace my iPad 2 because of the screen size (yes, I love 7 inch tablets), its lightness, its comfortable-ness and its performance. And yes, it fits in my hand.         

1 comment:

  1. Good review. It's a bit of a stretch in 1 hand. Still prefer my Nexus 7. We have to get them for school next year. Not dissapointed. Might wait for the retina display version.

    ReplyDelete